Whether you're running a charming little café where you need to send a few emails, or a huge office of video conference enthusiasts, BT (www.bt.com) has broadband and phone line options tailored for you.
There's broadband-only, line rental only, or a bundle of the two - and they've all got some pretty good features to offer. Let's take a look.
Best BT Business deals
BT Business broadband
- BT Broadband - Up to 17Mb download and 1Mb upload speeds, and a download limit of 10GB per month. Ideal for small businesses that need reliable internet for managing email and a bit of browsing.
- BT Unlimited Broadband - Up to 17Mb download and 1Mb upload speeds, and unlimited downloads. Again, works for smaller businesses or ones that don't rely on the internet, to give you a stable broadband connection where you can browse and download and much as you need.
- BT Premium Broadband - Up to 17Mb download and 1Mb upload speeds, unlimited downloads, PC Support, and Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials subscription. PC Support gives you extra personalised tech support for your computer, and Microsoft Office is a business essential.
- BT Infinity - Fibre optic broadband, with up to 38Mb download and 9.5Mb upload speeds, and a monthly download limit of 50GB. Perfect for businesses that need a superfast, reliable connection, but don't need to download lots of big files or connect many people.
- BT Unlimited Infinity - Fibre optic, with up to 38Mb download and 9.5Mb upload speeds, and unlimited downloads. Great for businesses that need to be online a lot, with the reassurance that your connection won't cut out in the middle of a video conference.
- BT Premium Infinity - BT's fastest fibre optic broadband, with up to 76Mb download and 19Mb upload speeds, unlimited downloads, PC Support, and Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials subscription. Wonderfully fast and perfect for connecting lots of people, using cloud-based software, and downloading and uploading large files.
Each option is available either as broadband-only - though you'll still need an active phone line - or bundled in with line rental.
You'll get a bunch of useful extras chucked in as well: 24/7 support (with the more personalised PC Support if you go for a Premium option), a BT Hub router, up to 10 email addresses, and free access to public Wi-Fi hotspots around the country so you and your staff can get work done from anywhere.
There's also the option for a static IP address. This means the address you use to connect to the internet will be fixed and permanent, and is essential for connecting remotely, setting up a VPN, running a website, or running CCTV off your network.
Bear in mind that BT Superfast Fibre (formerly known as BT Infinity) isn't available everywhere - use our postcode checker to see the options for your area.
BT Business line rental
Good old line rental is made just that bit better by BT, with all the features you need to run your business. Packages are available either on their own or with broadband. The options are:
- Value - A basic BT phone line, with pay-as-you-go minutes, two working day fault fix, and two phone features.
- Standard - Phone line with 100 monthly minutes, one working day fault fix, and two phone features.
- Featureline - Phone line with 100 monthly calling minutes, one working day fault fix, and 14 phone features.
All are offered on 12 or 24 month contracts, apart from Featureline which has 12, 36, or 60 month contracts. 24/7/365 help and support comes as standard with all contracts, to give you help when you need it and to get faults fixed.
And don't forget about all those calling features. Some come as standard with each plan, and you can add more - including call diversion, call waiting, call transfer, three way calling, caller display, and more. With Featureline, however, you get all those included, along with some extras - like hunt group numbers, code calling, and call return.
For more comprehensive voice services, BT also offers business phone numbers, ISDN, payphones, and advanced conferencing tools.
Other BT Business services
BTnet Leased Line
If you run a large business with lots of people online, or if strong internet is critical, BT can also give you a leased line. This means you'll rent an entire line, so your broadband connection isn't shared with anyone else - making it more reliable and much, much faster.
The upload and download speeds are symmetrical, and range from 2Mb up to a whopping 10Gb.
BT IP Communications
Another service BT offers businesses is IP Communications - a VoIP (voice over IP) system, or cloud-based call routing. Rather than a traditional landline, this converts your calls into data and sends them over the internet. It's more secure, more reliable, and even allows for better quality calls. Read more about VoIP.
From BT Business you'll also find mobile plans, networking hardware options, cloud-based services, servers, datacentres, security, and more.
What's good about BT Business?
- Lots of flexible choices, options, and features to suit all businesses
- Very wide availability
- BT Infinity broadband is superfast, and leased lines can be even faster
- 100 inclusive minutes to UK landlines per month for every line in your call plan
- Free access to public Wi-Fi hotspots, so you can work from pretty much anywhere
- 24/7 tech support, care, and maintenance from BT
- Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials included with Premium broadband
- No web traffic management - BT won't slow your connection, even at peak times
- BT Smart Hub router included
What's bad about BT Business?
- More expensive than some other providers - all those features don't come cheap
- BT Infinity not available everywhere - use our postcode checker to see if you can get it in your area
- Basic broadband packages only have small monthly download limits
- 24 month phone line contract is needed to get a lot of calling features