Low-cost plans, 5G readiness, and data rollover - there's a lot to like about iD. Here's what you need to know about its mobile phone plans.
Despite its relative youth, iD's already making an impact by offering some of the most affordable 4G and 5G plans around. Everything's built around value, flexibility and simplicity - it's easy to find a plan that suits you, and the network makes sure it doesn't hide behind jargon and is upfront about tariffs and extra costs.
That focus on simplicity means that it doesn't come with much in the way of bells and whistles - but if you're just interested in a network that makes it easy, that might not matter.
iD Mobile plans and tariffs
There are loads of iD Mobile plans available, some with a phone included and some SIM-only. Each offers a set amount of inclusive minutes, texts and data per month, from 4GB - suitable for light use like instant messages and social media - all the way up to unlimited data.
All its plans come with a few clever features too:
- Data Rollover, which lets you roll any unused data allowance over to the next month
- Up to 5 months' free Apple Music, Arcade, and News+
- Roaming - you can use your allowance abroad in more than 50 international locations
- Wi-Fi calling where signal is dodgy
- You can also get a pay-as-you-go SIM if that's more your jam
What phones can you get from iD Mobile?
iD Mobile has a decent selection of handsets from all the big names, including iPhones, Samsungs, Google Pixels, and more.
There's a nice balance between high-end wonder-phones, and quality low-priced handsets.
iD Mobile coverage
iD Mobile shares Three's network, which reaches 99.8% of the outdoor population.
5G connectivity is included too, provided you have a 5G-compatible phone and are in a connected area - so you can access incredibly fast mobile internet.
Unfortunately, Three's 5G service is still thin on the ground. You'll only find it in certain areas of big towns and cities. But the good news is that when you can connect, you'll do so automatically, and get the fastest 5G in the country.
What's good about iD Mobile?
- Affordable, flexible 5G and 4G plans
- Simple tariffs that don't hide behind jargon
- Can roll your data over to the next month
- Inclusive roaming in 50+ international locations
- Good range of phones available, including the latest iPhones and Samsung Galaxies
What's bad about the iD Mobile network?
- Weaker 5G coverage than some other networks, particularly EE
- Not much in the way of perks or extras compared to EE, O2 and Vodafone